Contest Rules for Sportsmans Choice/Northland Kayaks - Snapper Soft-bait Challenge 30/09/2017
- Read the rules before you enter the SC/NK Snapper Soft-bait Challenge. Make sure you are clear on all the rules – if in doubt ask the organiser. A competitor who commits a breach of the rules will be disqualified
- The contest is restricted to manually paddled, sail assisted and peddled kayaks only. Any other form of propulsion or watercraft is prohibited. Contestants must be over the age of 16 years or older on the first day of competition. If younger they must be in a double kayak with an adult.
- The use of any type of “Mother Ship” to transport a contestant’s kayak anywhere on the water is strictly prohibited. Proof of this action by any contestant shall result in immediate disqualification from the competition.
- Entry fee is $65.00 per angler.
- Entries may be registered on line at northlandkayaks.co.nz and purchased from Sportsmans Choice / Northland Kayaks 55 Vine Street, Whangarei.
- Credit Card email entries will be accepted up to 29/09/2017.
Email: email@example.com or: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cheque entry payments will not be accepted after 20/09/2017.
- All entries must be paid in full before business closing on 29th September 2017.
- Tickets must be picked up from Sportsmans Choice 55 Vine Street, Whangarei. The organiser will allow exceptions by prior arrangement with exceptional circumstances.
- Kayaks can only be launched between (South): McGregor's Bay Taiharuru 0192 http://www.wises.co.nz/l/Taiharuru/14+McGregor+Street/#c/-35.728911/174.552129/18/ (NOT to be confused with “Mc Gregors Bay in the Whangarei Harbour”)
And (North) Bland Bay: http://www.wises.co.nz/l/Whangarei/Whangaruru/831+Whangaruru+North+Road/#c/-35.348679/174.358927/19/
- Fishing may commence from 6.00am on Saturday 30th September 2017.
- Only hand lines or rods may be used to catch fish submitted at the ”Measure-In”. Each hand line or rod must have a maximum of two hooks
- The use of Long Lines is prohibited.
- Anglers are only permitted to use “Soft Baits” or “Soft Plastic Baits”
- Hard Bodied Lures and Jigs are NOT
- Use of any type of fish or meat bait is prohibited. Evidence of any entrant found using fish or meat bait will result in them being disqualified from the competition.
- Use of any Hard Body Lure or Jig is prohibited. Evidence of any entrant found using Hard Bodied Lures or Jigs will result in them being disqualified from the competition.
- Use of Berley is Prohibited. Evidence of any entrant found using Berley will result in them being disqualified from the competition.
- The Fish Measure station will open at 1.00pm at The Oceans Resort Tutukaka.
- Anglers with fish to submit for the competition MUST be in the Fish Measure Queue with their competition tag by 4.00pm on 30/09/2017.
- Anglers who are not present at the measure in station and in the Fish Measure Queue with their fish, by the stated time will not be permitted to measure their fish. The measure master will be the sole judge of the time. The Measure Masters’ decision is final and no negotiations will be entered into.
- Any angler presenting fish without their competition tag, will not have their fish measured or entered into the competition
- All entered fish will be donated to the Tutukaka Coast Guard and auctioned prior to Prize Giving, with all proceeds going to the Tutukaka Coast Guard.
- Fish Auction will commence at 5.00pm
- Prize Giving will commence at 6.00pm – or as soon as practical after the Fish Auction.
- To be eligible for the receipt of prizes, all prize winners must be registered anglers for the competition, and they must be present at the official prize giving with their competition tag.
- A total of (up to) 3 (Three) snapper may be submitted by any one competitor.
- The total length of a competitors (up to) 3 (three) snapper, will determine their placing in the (up to) 3 (three) snapper
- 1st 2nd 3rd & 4th prizes will also be given for the longest individual snapper.
- The first place getter of the total length of (up to) 3 (three) snapper category will not be eligible for any of the the prizes for the longest individual snapper category.
- Subsequent place getters of the total length of (up to) 3 (three) snapper category will be eligible for the prizes for the longest individual snapper category.
- Only one snapper from any contestant will be eligible for placing in the longest individual snapper category. This will be the longest of any three snapper presented.
- All snapper measured must be the minimum length of 30cm or longer.
- All Snapper must be measured from the tip of the nose/mouth to the “V” of the tail
- Any competitor submitting an undersized fish will be disqualified from the competition
- Any competitor proven to have kept an undersized fish of any species will be disqualified from the competition
- Fish deemed not be in fresh condition will be excluded from the competition
- All fish submitted must have been caught by the competitor during the competition.
- If two or more total lengths of (up to) 3 (three) snapper are measured at equal lengths, then the first competitor to have submitted their fish for measuring will be deemed to be the first place getter within that measurement. The next competitor to have submitted their fish for measuring shall then become the next place getter, and so forth.
- If two or more lengths of any individual snapper are measured at equal lengths, then the first competitor to have submitted their fish for measuring will be deemed to be the first place getter within that measurement. The next competitor to have submitted their fish for measuring shall then become the next place getter, and so forth.
- In the event of cancellation due to extreme weather, the competition will be postponed to a date as soon after as possible - dependant on venue bookings.
- If the competition is again cancelled due to extreme weather conditions at the next set date, there will be no cancellation of the prize giving. All prizes must be won, and in case of a prize recipient not present, the prize will be drawn at random and may be altered at the discretion of the organiser.
- There will be no refunds of entry fees because of postponement and/or cancellation of the competition.
- In the event of postponement and/or cancellation of the competition due to adverse weather conditions forecasted, notification will be placed on the Competition page on northlandkayaks.co.nz no later than 24 hours prior to the event
- All matters on which these rules are silent and shall be determined at the discretion of the organiser
- Competitors details and photographs may be used for promotional purposes
- The purchasing of an entry in the SC/NK Snapper Soft-bait challenge constitutes acceptance of the rules and regulations of the contest and participants agree to abide by the decision of the organiser.
- No correspondence will be entered into
- SC/NK will take no responsibility for any death, loss, injury or damages which may occur during this event. You enter this event at your own risk
- The organisers reserve the right to cancel the fishing on the day of the event
The organiser reserves the right to cancel the entry of any person who, in the opinion of the organiser, is contrary to the spirit in which this event is run. The decision of the organiser will be final
- At least one form of electronic communication (Cellphone/VHF radio) is mandatory.
- The cell phone/VHF call sign will be recorded on the registration form of the respective contestant.
- The VHF channels are as follows: Channel 6 operating channel
Channel 16 International Distress
- It shall the responsibility of the contestant to determine that launching and fishing conditions at the locations they choose to fish, are safe for their craft and personal capabilities.
- It is recommended that each contestant advises a personal friend or family member of their expected time of return, and contact them when they are back safe on shore.
- Applying for entry to this competition, constitutes that the entrant has:
- Read and agreed with these rules
- Has an approved PFD/Life jacket (to be worn at all times on the water)
- Has a reliable waterproof communication device (cell phone/VHF).